This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small percentage of an affiliate sale without any cost to you. I only link to items I truly recommend, and I thank you in advance for your support of Momma To Go. Read my full disclosure here.
I stumbled up Wellington World Travels through a Travel Blogger Facebook Group I am a part of. I clicked the link to this story on Why Traveling with Kids with is Worthwhile, and was immediately sucked in to their posts. Handel and Carmen are ex-pats, living in Qatar with their super adorable son, Charles. I love that they admit they love to share their travels, but aren’t too keen on lots of writing, so they do what they know- share their love of the world through beautiful photographs.
I am so honored to be nominated by them for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
The Rules of the Nomination are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and a link back to their blog
2. Answer 11 questions they asked you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and inform them of the nomination
4. Create a new list of 11 questions for nominees
Carmen’s questions (and my answers):
1. Where was your first ever trip abroad? In January 1997 I was a college sophomore and I boarded a plane, by myself, for a five month study abroad to Rome. It was such an amazing experience, growing as a young adult, being in a totally foreign country (this was when the internet was very young, we had one or two computers at school for internet, no email, no smart phones!). I was able to hone my language skills and learn more about the Italian culture I love so much. I recently went back to Northern Italy for my 40th!
2. What do you love most about your hometown? I live on an island. I wish it was tropical, but being by the water, living 10 minutes from some of the best Northeast beaches, its something I do not take for granted! I am also a 47 minute train ride away from Manhattan. Not too shabby…
3. Have you lived abroad for at least 6 months? If yes, where? If no, where would you choose to live? My time in Rome was exactly 5 months in length. I would love to do a year abroad with my kids (My husband laughs when I say that, because he thinks I sound like a college student!) I bet we would go to England, Italy, or Puerto Rico. I know technically that’s in the US, but I’ve always wanted to live there.
4. Where is the most luxurious place you’ve been? Hubby and I went to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora for our honeymoon. Expensive, beautiful and very luxurious. It was truly the trip of a lifetime and I can’t wait to go back someday!
5. Is there anywhere you could go back to again and again and never get bored of? Where? I go to SW Florida every year and I am yet to be bored. I love it there! So much to do and great weather. I don’t think I could ever get bored of Maui either. You might be realizing I am a true beach girl.
6. Have you ever been to a famous travel destination and been disappointed? Which place was that? On my recent trip to Italy, we took a day trip to Milan and it was a comedy of errors. We did have a great visit to the Last Supper painting, but after that, we spent so much time wandering in and out of bakeries, photographing all the treats, that by the time we reached the Duomo, it was closing for the Pope’s visit the next day. We could have ordered tickets online, or planned our day better. We then headed to La Scala, where the theatre was dark, then stumbled around in the rain, ducking into the first tavola calda we saw – which unfortunately proved you CAN have a bad meal in Italy. Milan is a city that evokes promise of high fashion and cosmopolitan living, and we just had a mediocre day.
7. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would it be? I am really interested in Dubai, the Maldives, Seychelles and Bali. I just love tropical eco-friendly designations. Dubai seems so intriguing to me.
8. Do you prefer sunrise or sunset? I love a good sunset! Its one of my favorite things about visiting SW Florida – over water, east coast sunsets!
9. What do you collect from your travels – besides memories? Christmas Ornaments! We have so many, we definitely need to think about getting a bigger tree! Also, we have clearly been to Vegas more than once…
10. Do you think traveling can make a difference? How? Okay this is cheese-ball but traveling helps us understand other cultures better, and often helps us understand OURSELVES better. I do think that makes a difference!
11. If you could start another blog, what would the topic be? Maybe math related. I have a Facebook page for my tutoring business where I share random funny math things or good tid-bits.
Nominate 11 bloggers:
10. 101 Food Travel
My 11 Questions: (I am going to snag some of Carmen’s, they are good ones!)
1. Where was your best trip, near or far?
2. What do you love most about your hometown?
3. Tell us about the name of your blog. Why did you choose it? What is its meaning?
4. Best dish you have eaten in the last year, either in a restaurant or one you created at home?
5. Airplane travel or road trip? Why?
6. Describe your perfect Saturday.
7. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would it be?
8. Do you prefer sunrise or sunset?
9. What do you collect from your travels – besides memories?
10. If you had an extra $1000 to blow on something fun, what would it be?
11. If you could start another blog, what would the topic be?
Thanks again, Wellington World Travels for nominating me! I love reading the answers to blogger’s questions and learning more about them. Definitely check out the 11 I nominated, even if they don’t participate, those are some of my favorite sites to read, ones I keep coming back to! And nominees, no pressure, answer some of or all of the questions, and nominate whomever – not sure why the magic number here is 11! I don’t always like to follow the rules!
pin for later:
PLEASE follow along on social media!
If you like this post, please share.