I am so excited to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Michelle of the blog, Sage Creek Meadow. I met Michelle through a blogging group, and she is such a supportive and collaborative blogger. Plus she has SEVEN kids! And somehow makes it all look easy!
Plus, these “awards” are just a great way to get to know more about the person behind the pen, I mean, computer! I love reading the answers to peoples questions. Last month I participated in the Sunshine Blogger award, which you can read about here.
- On your blog, thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Upload the award to your blog. This can be done in the post, and also on your sidebar by uploading the image to your widgets.
- Answer the questions you have been asked.
- Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers you believe deserve to receive the award.
- Notify the owners of the 5 blogs you’ve nominated so they can accept the award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn about them.
Here are Michelle’s questions, and my answers:
- How did you choose the name for your blog? So back in 2010, I had a baby travel blog called, Baby To Go. The tagline for this site was: Because Babies Want to See The World Too. At that time, I just had little man, and he was about a year old. I wrote about trips we took, different toddler activities etc. I loved doing it, but when I got pregnant with baby girl, I felt so ill for about 3 months, and then I just fell out of it. Last year, I was itching to get back to blogging, and spent MONTHS trying to come up with a name! But in the end, circled back to Momma To Go, which I felt incorporated my love of family travel, how I like to travel solo, or with #thegirlfriends or even try to sneak away with just the hubby. I also felt like the name symbolized the next stage of life, and this was also my next stage of blogging (and life!).
- If you could sit down and talk to any historical figure, who would it be and what would you talk to them about? This is a hard one, since I’m not much of a history buff. Little man just had his communion, and I just visited the Last Supper in Milan ( + Easter) so maybe Jesus or the disciples? I really don’t know!
- What foreign country would you like to visit? Okay where do I begin? Right now I have a short list of places I would like to visit soon: Iceland, Dubai, Brazil, Australia, Bali, Bermuda… okay maybe that is a bit of a long list! Oh plus the Maldives. As you can see I like tropical adventures…
- What is your favorite thing to cook? Hmmm…. not much of a gourmet here, but I do love to eat… Right I’m loving burnt broccoli, I know that sounds weird but its really good! Let’s see, I love making anything Mexican… and I love making homemade macaroni and cheese. I LOVE this roasted vegetable mac and cheese recipe from Real Simple. Definitely my go-to comfort food.
- What is your dream vacation like? Waking up to delicious coffee, going for a run in not too hot temperatures. Heading to the beach or pool for the day with a picnic lunch and kids in tow. Relaxing, napping, snorkeling and boogy boarding. Then having delicious cocktails at sunset and a yummy dinner! Actually that sounds ALOT like my time in Hawaii!
PS I’m not sure if these have 200 followers or less, BUT they are new-to-me blogs that I have so been enjoying lately!
And my questions to the nominees are:
- What are you most looking forward to about summer? (Or the upcoming winter for my Southern Hemisphere friends)
- If you could go on a free vacation, anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is your favorite breakfast food?
- Best book you have read recently?
- Best blogging tip?
Thanks again, Michelle, for nominating me! It was so fun to participate and write this post!